- Our external partnerships allow us to increase advocacy through education, better understand the unique needs of diverse groups, fund critical research, share our experiences.
- BBH’s Private Banking Center for Women and Wealth is committed to engaging and supporting women as they create and manage wealth.
- BBH Private Wealth Management provides our LGBTQ clients with sophisticated financial and wealth planning services tailored to their particular needs.
Advance diversity and equity at BBH, supported by a strong culture of inclusion, accountability, and employee engagement.
Seeking and supporting viewpoints that are informed by different experiences and perspectives ultimately leads to better risk management, innovation, and client outcomes. Exceptional client service is the foundation of our business and at the heart of our culture. Our employees’ different backgrounds, life experiences, and ways of thinking help us to better understand each other and our clients. Our commitment to an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture, grounded in independent peer review, helps us avoid group think and fosters the highest levels of employee and client satisfaction.
We believe it takes conscious and sustained effort to cultivate a workplace where all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to deliver their best. The norms, power structures, and inequities in society can easily become embedded in any organization. Creating a culture where every individual can contribute their full potential requires investigating systems, processes, and behaviors within an organization to uncover gaps and using that knowledge to ensure an equitable approach.
By focusing our diversity, equity, and inclusion program on three key pillars – workforce, workplace, and marketplace – we’re building our capacity for talent, enhancing our inclusive culture, strengthening cultural dexterity, and leveraging the power of fresh thinking.
Core Program Components
- We ensure a diverse slate of candidates for all positions and from a variety of sources.
- We utilize competency-based questions that ensure greater objectivity and consistency in the hiring process.
- We offer a 10-week Restart@BBH program to re-engage candidates who’ve been out of the workforce for two years or more through a paid assignment with tailored support.
- We utilize gender-neutral job descriptions.
- We have a Code of Professional Conduct and supporting policies pertaining to bullying, discrimination, harassment, diversity, equity and inclusion performance goals, and workplace violence.
- We require diverse promotional slates and analysis on potential adverse impacts of equitable representation.
- The BBH Affinity Network Community (BANC) provides a forum to develop skills and cultural experiences, network, and support key business initiatives.
- We host a variety of trainings to drive inclusive behaviors.
- Our Global Inclusion Council enables senior leaders to closely partner with the office with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to set the firm’s agenda, drive action, and measure success.
Based on 2020 data