- Invest according to Prudent Investor Act or other applicable laws
- Consider tax impact of investments and distributions to estate and beneficiaries
- Make investment decisions based on economic outlook and family circumstances
- Arrange for periodic valuation of tangibles, real property, business interests or other nonmarketable assets assigned to trust
Why a BBH Trust Company?
|Family Harmony||Independence and Objectivity||Experience||Compliance||Accountability||Continuity||Resources|
|A corporate fiduciary can facilitate family harmony by helping to resolve conflicting family needs or requirements.||We make impartial decisions that are in accordance with the trust’s terms and the donor’s intent.||We have extensive tax services along with administrative capabilities that alleviate family burdens, such as recordkeeping and tax filings. We provide investment advisory services through our parent company, BBH.||We understand and adhere to the rules and regulations governing trust administration and are subject to regulatory oversight.||Our professionals make prudent decisions and are always attentive to their trust responsibilities and clients.||We provide clients and their families with continuity for generations, without the concern that age or illness will hamper trust administration.||We have external relationships with attorneys and accountants that facilitate effective trust administration. We offer banking services through our parent company, BBH.|
Our team’s flexibility to make decisions at any time, combined with the fact that our Partners are accessible and able to provide input into decisions daily, provides clients with fast responses and a quick, efficient experience.
The BBH Trust Experience
BBH Trust Responsibilities
- Provide custody and safekeeping of assets
- Arrange for periodic inspection of tangibles or real property assigned to trust
Keep detailed records of:
- All financial transactions, including income and principal ledger accounting
- Substantive communications
- Family meeting minutes, as applicable
- Discretionary distribution requests, decisions and rationale
- Facilitate family meetings
- Establish regular communications with co-fiduciaries and beneficiaries to review trust terms and distribution needs
- Stay apprised of statutory disclosure and reporting requirements and coordinate regularly with relevant parties regarding method and timing of communication
- Prepare and disseminate annual reports as required by trust agreement or governing law
- Complete and file any required court accounting
- Communicate distribution terms to beneficiaries
- Proactively check in on beneficiary needs, as desired
- Document distribution requests with level of detail required by trust agreement
- Process appropriate distributions quickly and accurately
- Prepare and file state and federal fiduciary income tax returns
- Calculate and process quarterly estimated tax payments
- Participate in tax audits and other dealings with taxing authorities
- Coordinate with existing tax providers
- Review gift and estate tax returns, as requested
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, including periodic administrative and investment reviews
- Coordinate with family attorney to prepare and circulate accounting, receipt, release, refunding and/or indemnification agreements, as appropriate
Let us provide your family with continuity for generations. Email us at BBHPrivateBanking@bbh.com.
This communication is for informational purposes only. The information herein has not been based on a consideration of any individual investor’s circumstances and is not investment advice, nor should it be construed in any way as tax, accounting, legal or regulatory advice. Individuals should consult their personal tax, accounting and legal advisers regarding any potential investment or strategy. Any views and opinions are subject to change at any time.
This material does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where or to any person to whom it would be unauthorized to do so.