- For over 20 years, we have participated in the United Way’s U.S.-based loaned executive program, through which top companies lend some of their best and brightest talent for 15-week engagements.
Increase the reach of our community engagement program, BBHcares.
Throughout our more than 200-year history, BBH has actively engaged with the communities where we do business by sharing our talent, time, and financial resources with those in need. It’s not only the right thing to do; it ultimately provides more equitable access to education and workplaces, broadens our perspective, and improves the quality of life in the cities and neighborhoods where we live and work.
BBH believes everyone should have the same chance for independence, stability, and long-term prosperity. That’s why we operate with a spirit of citizenship to improve the quality of life in places we live and work by providing jobs, paying taxes, and supporting those in need with time, talent, and financial resources.
BBHcares, our longstanding philanthropic program, marshals our employees’ time and talents to provide support to charities around the globe. With a mission to partner with non-profits that provide basic needs (food, clothing, shelter) and education, our philanthropic focus areas enable low-income individuals and families to take control of their finances, gain independence, and achieve economic sustainability and success.
Along with supporting communities, our philanthropic efforts allow BBH employees to develop and grow personally and professionally. Through opportunities including hands-on volunteering and non-profit board service, participants build proficiency in leadership, strategic planning, communication, project and time management, networking, and more.
Core Program Components
- Employee leaders spearhead many of our BBHcares volunteer projects and giving campaigns, that, in addition to the satisfaction that comes from helping others, build personal and professional skills like leadership, strategic planning, communication, project management, time management, and networking.
- All employees are eligible to receive paid time-off to volunteer during work hours.
- All activities are advertised on a central corporate calendar, receiving equal billing at town halls and high-profile meetings, as well as emailed office-wide.
- Volunteer events are scheduled at a variety of times to create the most opportunities for employees to participate and accommodate a variety of schedules.
- The firm celebrates volunteer impact monthly, through the internal newsletter and with top billing on the home page of the intranet.
- Employee fundraising happens across our European and Asia offices at various times throughout the year, with a variety of efforts aimed to provide financial support to our charitable partners.
- In the U.S., voluntary employee contribution campaigns, powered by the United Way, occur each fall, complementing our many volunteer projects.
- A centralized place to share personal charitable interests, beyond the BBHcares program, so others can learn how they can support each other’s community involvement outside of work.
- BBHcares partners with United Way to provide U.S.-based employees with the opportunity to gain the skills needed to serve on nonprofit boards and be placed with chari¬ties in need of their management and financial expertise.
- Across the globe, offices participate in a variety of mate¬rial drives including collections for food, school supplies and backpacks, holiday gifts, eyeglasses, clothing, books, and household items.
- We are careful to ensure our charitable contributions benefit the community and do not influence the business judgement of others, approving and processing all contributions made on behalf of the firm through a single department.
- This department ensures all philanthropic activities comply with industry and local regulations and best practice.
Based on 2021 data
Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. (“BBH”) may be used to reference the company as a whole and/or its various subsidiaries generally. This material and anyproducts or services may be issued or provided in multiple jurisdictions by duly authorized and regulated subsidiaries. This material is for general information and referencepurposes only and does not constitute legal, tax or investment advice and is not intended as an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy securities, services or investment products.Any reference to tax matters is not intended to be used, and may not be used, for purposes of avoiding penalties under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or other applicable taxregimes, or for promotion, marketing or recommendation to third parties. All information has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but accuracy is not guaranteed,and reliance should not be placed on the information presented. This material may not be reproduced, copied or transmitted, or any of the content disclosed to third parties,without the permission of BBH. Pursuant to information regarding the provision of applicable services or products by BBH, please note the following: Brown Brothers HarrimanFund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited and Brown Brothers Harriman Trustee Services (Ireland) Limited are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, Brown BrothersHarriman Investor Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Brown Brothers Harriman (Luxembourg) S.C.A is regulated by the Commissionde Surveillance du Secteur Financier. All trademarks and service marks included are the property of BBH or their respective owners. © Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. 2021.All rights reserved. FIRM-00412-2022-09-14