- Our plans cover distribution of critical functions across non-impacted offices, third-party recovery sites, and remote work, which helps ensure continuous coverage during an event.
- The Global Crisis Management Team is activated for BCP events to centralize communication and coordination and provide critical information and status updates to clients following a controlled and carefully managed protocol.
- We are enabled for 97% remote work in the case of a global BCP event.
How does BBH prevent unexpected events from having a negative impact on its delivery of services?
BBH maintains business continuity plans detailing office recovery, business unit recovery, and systems recovery procedures related to emergencies and disruptions. These include natural disasters, political unrest, power outages, communication, and escalation protocols, travel and visitor restrictions, movement of client servicing, and extended remote access by BBH employees.
Through BCP, we aim to provide a safe environment for employees, decrease risk through preventative measures, reduce and mitigate disruptions to business operations, ensure orderly recovery from any incidents, and minimize potential economic loss while complying with legal and regulatory requirements. By strengthening our security, continuity, and connectivity through enterprise-wide incident response, we can continue to support our business and ensure smooth operation of service for our clients while protecting our people, technology, and assets.
We regularly review these plans and test them in the context of current events. As with all scenario-based plans, BBH is continuously refining the BCP program based on best practices and experiences gained.
Strengthen security, continuity, and connectivity through enterprise-wide incident response.
Core Program Components
- The BBH BCP and Audit teams review business area continuity plans annually.
- We conduct business impact analysis assessments on a rolling basis.
- We conduct regular recovery tests, including application and systems contingency testing, recovery facility testing, and operational contingency testing.
- Our BCP protocols are reviewed by regulators to ensure alignment with applicable banking and securities regulations.
Based on 2019 data