IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE:
Last Updated: January 5, 2018
This policy explains how cookies are used on this website. The policy may be amended from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the revised policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. By using this site you agree to the placement of cookies on your computer in accordance with the terms of this policy. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this site please either disable cookies in your web browser or refrain from using this site.
A. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating site on each subsequent visit, or to another site that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a site to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do a lot of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and they generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on this site have been categorized on the basis of the categories found in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide issued in April 2012. A list of the types of cookies used on our website is set out below.
Some of the cookies we use are for web analytics and intelligence about our site. We may also use web beacons or other technologies for similar purposes and we may include these in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor site activity.
B. Types of cookies
There are four types of cookies explained below. We use the first three on our site.
(1) Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies the Services cannot be provided.
We categorize the following cookies as strictly necessary:
- Registered Visitor Cookie - A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize them through their visit and when they return to the site. (see also Functionality cookies below).
(2) Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a site works.
We categorize the following as performance cookies:
- Referrer URL (internal page) - Used to store the URL of the previous page visited. Allows us to track how visitors navigate through our site.
- Referrer URL - Used to store the URL which refers a visitor to our site so we may understand what URLs are referring visitors to our site.
- URL history - Used to store the page visited by a user before that user submits a form. Also, used to display recently viewed articles to each visitor.
- Unregistered Visitor Cookie - A unique identifier given to each visitor to allow analysis on how unregistered visitors use our site.
- Session management cookies - These cookies allow us to follow the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close their browser window. Our session management cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, our session management cookies are deleted.
(3) Functionality cookies - These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a site may be able to provide you with local information by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. We may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behavior and to serve content and information on products and services based on your profile. We may pass or share this information within BBH for marketing or analysis purposes. In most cases we will not be able to track individuals by name; only if you are a registered user we can associate the cookie information with your name.
These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet outside our site.
We categorize the following as functionality cookies:
- Recently viewed pages - Stores pages visited by the user on our site and displays them in right hand navigation for easy reference.
- Search history - Stores searches on our site conducted by the user and displays them for the user in the right hand navigation for easy reference.
- Registered Visitor Cookie - A unique identifier given to each registered user to our site, used to serve them content and offers based on their profiles. Also used for analysis and marketing purposes (see also Strictly necessary cookies above).
C. Refusing cookies on our site
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained above. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device or would like to prohibit website tracking you can change your browser settings to do this.
For more information on managing cookies and other tracking devices see:
Deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon you visit our site, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
D. How to contact us
If you have questions or comments about this policy please contact GlobalPrivacy@bbh.com.