- We strive to help clients become strategic philanthropists by defining the role of philanthropy in the client’s life and the estate plan, setting structure to maximize impacts, creating a framework for governance/administration, and crafting a strategic plan to design grants and measure impact.
- We support the process by helping donors investigate innovative ways of structuring charitable activities, including hybrid vehicles.
- Learn more about Philanthropic Advisory.
How does BBH help Private Banking clients to navigate the complex decisions necessary to deploy their resources responsibly and in accordance with their values?
As an advisor to private business owners, individual families, and endowments and foundations, BBH focuses on helping clients achieve sustainable outcomes as they deploy their resources to influence the issues important to them. We believe that ESG investing does not mean investors sacrifice returns, and values must drive a client’s socially responsible investment plan. Now, more than ever, values, definitions and goals related to sustainable investing are highly personal. Since there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, we view sustainable investing not as a product, but as an approach.
To help clients navigate these complex decisions, BBH starts each relationship with a robust conversation about each client’s values and objectives. We then use those values as our guiding principles, advising our clients in their pursuit of thriving families, sustainable portfolios, and impactful philanthropy – according to their definition of success. We are committed to the evaluation of ESG factors as part of our investment research process in order to help us effectively assess the long-term sustainability and durability of our companies.
Support our Private Banking clients in articulating and realizing their vision and values related to sustainable investing and philanthropy.
Core Program Components
- We take a bottom-up fundamental approach to investing, identifying businesses that have the potential to compound capital through market cycles and make effective management decisions that lead to strong governance, key stakeholder relationships, and excellent social practices.
- We help clients realize socially responsible investment (SRI) mandates through portfolio customization, ongoing analysis, shareholder engagement, and integration of MSCI ESG Research data points through a sustainable portfolio optimization process.
- We provide articles, presentations, and educational content to help explain how SRI and ESG criteria might be deployed in client portfolios.
- Learn more about our approach to sustainable investing.
- Our proprietary values-based planning framework helps clients uncover their values and use them to make decisions about how wealth is invested, saved, spent, and given away.
- BBH’s Center for Women & Wealth engages women in the creation and management of wealth and fosters a dynamic and inclusive environment for conversations about family, wealth, and values.
- Learn more about Values-Based Planning.
Based on 2019 data