China is liberalizing its capital markets at a dramatic pace with cross-border flows into and out of the country evolving into new access venues, which in itself, presents opportunities for global and regional asset managers.
As a cross-border funds servicing specialist for leading asset gatherers and with a presence in Greater China for over 25 years, we help our clients capture growing opportunities through facilitating asset flows into and out of the region.
From our offices in Hong Kong and Beijing, we provide a full suite of services including custody, funds servicing and markets products in our clients’ regional languages as part of our global service model.
BBH is focused on Greater China, where it maintains a strong presence and provides services for Hong Kong-domiciled funds, UCITS, QFII, RQFII, RQFII ETF, and QDII platforms.
Outbound Investment from China
- Qualified Domestic Institutional Investor (QDII): BBH has been servicing QDII products for our Chinese custodian bank clients since 2007. Our clients include the top 10 master custodian banks in China and the leading Chinese asset managers as QDII sponsors.
- CNH Share Class Funds: Our Foreign Exchange team in Hong Kong offers CNH hedging capabilities as well as hedging for other restricted currencies.
Inbound Investment to China
- Renminbi Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (RQFII)/ Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII): BBH is experienced in servicing RQFII and QFII products domiciled across the world. Our ETF servicing expertise and local market experience helps clients launch products that meet the unique requirements of the scheme.
- Stock Connect: BBH supports our global clients utilizing the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect platform.
Distribution in Greater China
- UCITS in Greater China: UCITS funds have a high penetration rate in Hong Kong and Taiwan. BBH has extensive experience in servicing UCITS globally as we assist asset managers to tap into new market segments.
- China-Hong Kong Mutual Recognition: The China-Hong Kong Mutual Recognition of Funds program allows global asset managers to distribute Hong Kong-domiciled funds into mainland China and Chinese asset managers to distribute their funds into Hong Kong. It is the first and only offshore fund vehicle allowed to be distributed into Mainland China. BBH offers a comprehensive suite of services, including Trustee services in Hong Kong.